Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hip Christmas

Preparing for a holiday karaoke party last week, I spend a lot of time researching Christmas music. I thought I knew everything there was to know about the subject until I stumbled across HipChristmas.com, a treasure trove of information about the coolest obscure Christmas tunes you've never heard. Created by music expert Randy Anthony, it will point you in the direction of great songs, old and new, from every imaginable genre. His top 100 list is a great place to start, but there are also fantastic articles about dirty Christmas songs, Vietnam-inspired Christmas songs, and Christmas songs about celebrity stalking. The site also includes links to playlists from Spin, the Indie Rock Cafe, and Spinner.  If you want to throw a party that's anywhere near as cool as mine was, I highly recommend checking out Mr. Anthony's site.  Check out one of my finds from his archives - the 1948 hit "Boogie Woogie Santa Claus".

No comments:

Post a Comment