Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Fab Four's Christmas Album

I've discovered a lot of cool music thanks to Little Steven Van Zandt and his Underground Garage, and this Christmas he introduced me to The Fab Four.  They are a Beatles tribute band that is faithful to the original in almost every possible way, from the harmonies to the outfits to the way they bob their heads.  I may not be that familiar with their work, but I'm pretty sure the best thing they ever did was their Christmas album.

In this double album, the Fab Four cover twenty classic Christmas tunes, but here's the twist - each one is done in the style of an existing Beatles song. "Joy to the World" in the style of "Please Please Me", "Feliz Navidad" in the style of "And I Love Her", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" in the style of "When I'm Sixty-Four" (my personal favorite), etc. It's all just terrific stuff. They made one video of a song from the album, but it's really all worth checking out, especially if you're a Beatles fan. And then again, who isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment