Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Christmas Song

The day after Christmas is really sad, especially for someone who loves it at much as I do.  You've got to pack up, go back to work, and quit all the holiday spirit cold turkey.  And just like Christmas eventually must end, so too must the Christmas Cavalcade.  I'd like to thank all of my readers - the blog really took off as the month went on and we've had visitors from as far away as Russia and Brazil! I sincerely hope that I was able to help make your holiday season a little more awesome.

We're gonna close things out with what I consider the ultimate Christmas song, and it is appropriately titled "The Christmas Song".  It was written in 1944 by Mel Tormé and Bob Wells, and later recorded by Nat King Cole.  It was Cole's idea to use a string section in his recording, and could you really imagine the song without one? The opening strains of "The Christmas Song" immediately fill me with every positive emotion associated with the season, and if they don't do the same to you, you must not have a soul.



So thanks again, everybody.  Have a wonderful Christmas and a kickass New Year's!  And stay tuned for my upcoming blog, "Larson's Cavalcade of Presidents' Day"!

No comments:

Post a Comment