Friday, December 9, 2011

Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas

Like many other unhealthily obsessed pop culture junkies, I love NBC's Community.  In my opinion, it's one of the most unique, well-written, and hilarious shows of all time.  But what I really love about it is that it's about a group of random misfits thrown together by fate who eventually grow to care about each other and have wacky adventures. And in that way, it reminds me of me and my friends.

Of course it goes without saying that I love Christmas too.  So to me, Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas is probably my favorite Christmas episode of any show ever.  It's got everything - stop motion animation, musical numbers, a touching message, pterodactyls, and a happy ending.  Combine that with the brilliance of a usual Community episode and you've got one amazing piece of television.  Please enjoy this clip from the episode, in which the gang saves Abed from the evil Christmas Wizard through the magic of Christmas, friendship, and song.

No comments:

Post a Comment