Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Wrapping

It's not a very controversial statement to say that The Waitresses' "Christmas Wrapping" is one of the most awesome Christmas songs.  From the opening guitar licks to the catchy chorus, it's next to impossible not to want to bop all over the room when it comes on the radio.  The story of the song is basically the plot of an 80's movie set to music, and I can't believe it hasn't inspired a movie the way so many other Christmas songs (including the goddamn Christmas Shoes) have.

I don't really know much about The Waitresses, other than the fact I want to go back in time and have the lead singer be my badass, new wave girlfriend. I know that they also did "I Know What Boys Like" and the theme song to the cult 80's series Square Pegs, but that's where the trail goes cold.  In fact, no official video exists for "Christmas Wrapping", so I'm posting this one of a teenage girl lip syncing it.  It's probably what they would have wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment